Diversity and inclusion
We believe there is strength in diversity and opportunity through inclusion. Our commitment is to a culture where different perspectives, experience and backgrounds are valued and celebrated which supports everyone to achieve their potential.
Our commitment to gender balance means that we actively focus on ensuring that all our people have a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We are committed to ensuring that any obstacles that may exist for women are minimised so all employees can have the opportunity to thrive.
We take the importance of increasing the participation of women in the workforce seriously.
We continue to have a strong focus on increasing female representation across the business, with specific targets at senior management levels, supported by organisation-wide initiatives including:
- Clear gender targets with ongoing performance published in our annual report
- Identifying and developing emerging leaders and high potential females across all business areas
- Centralised Women’s Development Network for mentoring, networking and career development
- Informal regional and divisional female networking groups
- Accessibility of executives to women across nbn
- Opportunities for flexible working arrangements for all employees
- Unconscious bias training for all employees
- Ensuring a gender balanced representation of candidates shortlisted for roles, and gender diversity in our interview panels
Meet some of our senior female leaders
Executive General Manager, Transformation and Portfolio Management
General Manager, Customer Channels and Enterprise Operations
Culture and identity
Australia's First Peoples
By building strong relationships with Australia’s First Nations people and communities, we aim to ensure that the nbn™ broadband access network makes a positive contribution to the lives and communities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As outlined by our CEO Bill Morrow:
“Our vision for reconciliation is to connect communities across Australia where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people share equal access in the benefits of the nbn™ [access] network”.