What you need to do
- Talk to your lift maintenance provider about your options for migrating your emergency lift phone to the nbn™ network or an alternative technology prior to the disconnection of your current service.
- Identify the phone number used by your lift emergency phone (mandatory).
- Register your service with nbn. Valid registrations (with a valid service phone number) will help nbn identify where assistance with migration may be needed.
- Once you have asked your lift maintenance provider for advice about options to migrate your lift emergency phone, you will need to decide which option to install. Remember that it is your responsibility to transition your lift phone service off the legacy network.
- Once the lift emergency phone has been migrated, ask your lift maintenance provider to test it and confirm it is working properly .
How to register monitored fire alarm and lift emergency phones in multiple sites
To register monitored fire alarms and lift emergency phones in multiple sites, download and follow the instructions in the bulk registration template.
You must accept the terms and conditions to download the template
Questions you could ask your lift maintenance provider:
- Will my lift emergency phone work properly when connected to the nbn™ access network?
- If so, what specific phone or internet service will work best with my lift emergency phone?
- Will my lift emergency phone be able to dial out during a power outage when connected to the nbn™ access network?
- If not, what alternatives are available?
- What solutions would you [the provider] suggest? Are there any costs involved?