Am I eligible for this alarm upgrade offer?
To be eligible, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Own an eligible existing unmonitored medical alarm or be authorised by the owner of an existing unmonitored medical alarm to dispose of that existing alarm and upgrade it to an eligible new unmonitored medical alarm device.
- Use an alarm that relies solely on your home phone line. Alarms that already have a capability to connect to a mobile network are not eligible for upgrade. Why not?
- Live in a home that will be able to get a new fixed line connection over the nbn™ access network. If you live in an nbn™ Fixed Wireless or Sky Muster™ area you are not eligible for this offer. Why not?
- Have registered your existing unmonitored medical alarm on nbn’s Medical Alarm Register online or by calling 1800 227 300.
- Agree to return your old unmonitored medical alarm to the supplier for disposal once you’ve received your eligible new device. Your new alarm will come with a reply-paid post bag.
- Have purchased your old unmonitored medical alarm on or before 31 August 2018.
- Have not previously successfully received a medical alarm upgrade rebate or subsidy through any other similar nbn-supported program or offer.
How much can I save?
If you are eligible for this upgrade offer, you may be able to save up to 80% on the participating device supplier's normal retail price of the device (capped at a maximum discount of $300) when you order an eligible new unmonitored medical alarm from a list of participating companies. Currently, the participating companies are:
- The INS Group
Benefits of using an upgraded medical alarm
Apply to upgrade
Is your alarm registered on nbn's Medical Alarm Register?